I finished reading Matched by Ally Condie last night. It was about like most other dystopian novels as of late, but I liked it. It was almost a mixture of Fahrenheit 451 and The Giver. Society has had its creativity stifled and people are equalized so that no one person has an unfair advantage over the other. Cassia is "matched" with one boy at but when she is learning about him, she has another face come up on her screen. She begins to question her match. (Society finds the optimal mates for people in this world.) It's a good story about love.
I have discovered I kind of enjoy dystopian novels. Even if we, as a society, may have our problems, books like these make you appreciate what you do have. Like the ability to choose who you love.
Cassia, Ky, and Xander's story continues in Crossed, and concludes in Reached. Reached just was published in November, so I'm glad that I haven't started a series that I'm going to have to wait for the next book to come out in. A bonus is that (so far) the library has had copies available!
400 pages
No comments:
Post a Comment