Monday, March 18, 2013

Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson

I've been reading this book in-between other books.  Not because it was bad and taking a while to finish, but because it was so good I wanted to prolong reading it!

You might know Jenny Lawson as "The Bloggess".  I discovered her a couple of years back when I happened across her post about buying her husband a giant metal chicken for their anniversary.  I was really excited when I discovered she had written a book.

It was awesome.  Her life seems to be one hilarious incident after another.  Maybe she slightly exaggerates some things, but it didn't matter because they were hilarious.  She's a worrier like me.  Jumps to the worst conclusion all the time.  She also self-diagnoses herself with lots of things, which I sort of do as well.  (Back pain?  Must be my gallbladder, or a heart attack, or my kidney's shutting down....)  She did have a serious chapter about losing her baby to antiphospholipid antibody syndrome.  That was her only serious chapter, but she did warn you and it was good to read (having been there myself, plus I have friends with that syndrome).

Overall though, I loved it.  I laughed so hard at some of her writing I was crying.  Well worth the read.

384 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment