Is it the world that’s busy, or my mind? - Haemin Sunim
This was a very interesting book by a Buddhist monk who drew on many religious teachings throughout the world. He quoted the Quran and the Bible. Discussed God (Christian) and the god within us all (Buddhist). Most of what he said was common sense stuf that deep down we all know but just may not always realize.
I enjoyed that he took the time to reiterate that you don’t need to be any certain thing to get something out of the book. It was kind of like a chat with a friend where you don’t really learn anything new but feel better just for having sat down with them.
Don’t dwell on the negative. Treat yourself and others with compassion and forgiveness. Have perspective, it changes everything. Observe and allow your emotions instead of trying to suppress them, because that just makes things worse.
Overall, I really enjoyed listening to his book. He has another called “Love for Imperfect Things” that I would like to listen to as well. I’d like to acquire a physical copy as well because I’ve read there are awesome illustrations in it.
288 pages/2 hrs 51 minutes
No comments:
Post a Comment