Friday, January 4, 2019

The Phoenix Project by Gene Kim, Kevin Behr, and George Spafford

This book has made the circle around the IT department at work.  There is a culture transformation where I work moving towards a DevOps environment.  This is a good thing and I wanted to understand the movement more, so I wanted to read the book.



While the book did give me a marginally better understanding of DevOps, it did it in a fairly unbelievable way that gave me a bit of pause and made me not like the book as much as I could have other wise.

It was a decent story, but the way the authors went about it was weird.  You learned as you went and there was a constant crisis that just got old.  (I know this is a bizarre connection to make, but it’s kind of like a romance author that has sex scene after sex scene and you just tire of it quickly.)

I did think the premise of the book was good in that it was a great way to go about seeing how the transformation can happen and the benefits of it.  As well as a better understanding of how IT can work.

I’m mostly glad I read it but I do think it could have been done a little better.

349 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment