Monday, December 2, 2019

Lucky Suit by Lauren Blakely

Lucky Suit was a freebie on Audible and I grabbed it.  I was wanting a pretty short, quick listen so I thought I'd start this.



Kristen's grandma keeps trying to set her up but she's just not interested and is kind of done with it.  Cam (who happens to have his own business, loosely) is in town visiting his uncle who owns a car auction and meets Kristen's grandma.  She tries to set them up but as it turns out Kristen has decided to try her hand at online dating, plus, Kristen is done with her grandma setting her up.

But Kristen's grandma has something up her sleeve and has been playing online poker with her new buddy from the auction.  Since Kristen is a decent poker player herself, Grandma conveniently has to leave and asks Kristen to play poker with her new friend.  Kristen is thinking it's someone her grandma might be dating, so she wants to screen him.

So Kristen now has her online date to meet, but Grandma isn't done with trying to set her up with Cam.  Things take an interesting twist and there's some really funny moments that come up after that.  It was a cute short listen, but I wish I would have had longer with the main characters and they were developed a little more.  It was still worth the listen.

129 pages/2 hr 25 min

No comments:

Post a Comment