Sunday, June 17, 2018

You Do You by Sarah Knight

This was an Audible Deal of the Day and also intrigued me because, to be perfectly honest, I kind of suck at "doing me".  I'm a perfectionist people pleaser by nature and sometimes tend to not be true to myself.

This book was fantastic.  It was all about how you have to kind of get over yourself in order to truly be yourself.  Why you don't have to be nice.  Why it is important to "let your freak flag fly".

That last one really struck me.  It has only been fairly recently that I've really been doing a good job at that.  I'm lucky enough to work at a place with people who are very similar to me.  It's pretty cool.  I try to be nice and encouraging, but not to get people to like me, but because that's just part of who I am.  I'm also ornery, have the mindset of a 14 year old boy sometimes, sometimes have bizarre ideas, and often don't feel like I'm heard.  Most of these are good.  I'm working on the last one.

This book was about embracing all that.  Doing some "mental redecorating" so as to not be so hard on  yourself.

It was good.  This was the third book in her set of books she calls "No F*cks Given Guides" and I am going to start her first book - The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck" next.  I'm excited to read it.

I listened to this one, in an evening and a half while doing chores.  So....

320 pages/4hr55min

No comments:

Post a Comment