Saturday, March 4, 2017

Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty

Most of Liane Moriarty's stuff I like pretty well.  I did like this book, but MAN IT WAS SLOW TO START.  You are about halfway through the book before you finally found out what awful, terrible, unbelievable, life-changing event happens at some ill-fated barbecue.  Which was fine, but it took a long time to get to it.  I didn't guess what the event was, but I was close.  I did, however, figure out the "twist" at the end.

It follows six people, three sets of two couples through the events after and leading up to the above mentioned barbecue.  Their lives are interconnected, but in weird ways.

I won't say much more, as this is another delayed review, but overall it was probably my least favorite of Moriarty's books I've read.  If it wouldn't have been jumping around in present vs past and tip toeing around whatever this "HUGE" event (terrible, but kind of a let down) was.  Might be worth the read, but if you've loved her other stuff, then you will probably be lukewarm here.

I hybrid read/listened to it.

432 pages/17hrs 27min

No comments:

Post a Comment