Friday, January 13, 2017

Sounds Like Me by Sara Bareilles

I love Sara Bareilles.  She has such a good voice and her songs are written by her which means they have meaning.  I'm a sucker for artists who write their own songs (Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, good examples).  Anyway, this was a book about her life (so far) in song.  I listened to the audiobook and she sang at the beginning of each chapter which was really cool.

I enjoyed the story of how she came to be an artist.  I won't go into a bunch of details, but if you are at all a fan of hers it is worth the listen.  (Reading it works too, but I would listen to it solely for the songs and fact she narrates it herself.)  The Amazon description is spot on: "More than a privileged view inside the experience of a remarkable musical talent—this is a moving tribute to the universal search for growth, healing, and self-acceptance."

I think the most interesting nugget of information in the whole book is that she wrote a musical, yes, a MUSICAL (Waitress) while procrastinating writing the book.  She also wrote "Love Song" as a snarky response to record execs.  HA HA!

208 pages/3 hr 52 min


No comments:

Post a Comment