Thursday, April 30, 2015

Falling Into Us by Jasinda Wilder

For being so long, this book read very quickly.  This book is a parallel story to Falling Into You (Book #1).

The story in this book was SO much better than the first in the series.  Jason and Becca (Nell and Kyle's best friends) seem like a more real couple.  They start dating the same time as Nell and Kyle, but their story was so much more real. (Save for the end when I thought the author needed to tone down the sex scenes, they were totally unnecessary).

Jasinda had a lot of "big" subjects in this book (drugs, abuse, parental overprotectiveness, suicide, death, etc), but they did not overshadow the story.  Jason and Nell was a lovely coming of as book is leaps and bounds better.  Jason and Becca was a lovely coming of age story.

There was just ONE thing that really, really irked me.  There was a somewhat major (to me) storyline left unfinished.  I mean, it was mentioned, kind of a huge thing, then BOOM!  Never mentioned again.  BUT - there are two more books left in the series though, and one of the teaser lines for it says something about someone being just a "few forgettable lines" in the other storyline.  I'm calling that this person was the untold story in that book.  I hope so because I will be a very unhappy camper if that storyline is just left floating forever.

515 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment