The book was Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder. The first line is "I wasn't always in love with Colton Calloway; I was in love with his younger brother, Kyle, first. Kyle was my first one true love, my first in every way." It starts out with a girl, Nell, and her best friend, Kyle, who just happens to be the boy she's grown up with her whole life. They, of course, realize that they are in love and the story goes from there. However, tragedy strikes and Nell blames herself. The rest of the book is her finding love, and learning to let go.
Overall, I liked the book. It was a good story, a quick read, and not overly peppered with too many steamy scenes. (Because sometimes, that gets a little old.) The characters could have been developed a little better and it ended a bit too abruptly for me, but I did enjoy it. There are four books in the series (the next one is a parallel storyline to this one) and I will probably go ahead and read them. The next one had better reviews than the first, but is also twice as long. We shall see.
240 pages
No comments:
Post a Comment