I finished Insurgent by Veronica Roth today. It was good, but there were places where it seemed to move pretty slowly for me. We follow the continuing story of Tris and Four/Tobias as they confront the changes in their society.
I did enjoy the book and found it particularly nice that there wasn't a "love triangle" as in many books. The story progressed well and I really liked how the Tris character developed. I think the relationship between her and Tobias is one of the more "real" relationships I've seen in fiction. (If that makes sense.) I also found the relationship of Tris and her family and Tobias and his family to be very interesting as well. For a YA book, it's got more going than I figured it would be. (Especially considering how young the author is!)
Since this is the middle of the trilogy, I felt like it was a good continuation of the first book and left off in a really great place for the conclusion to pick up. I have "Allegiant" on hold from the library, so as soon as the person who has it now returns it, I can pick up where the story left off. I did accidentally read a spoiler, so I know what happens in the book. (Sad face) But, a friend of mine who also knew the same spoiler said it didn't ruin the book for her, so we shall see.
525 pages
I'm sorry if my blog was the spoiler!!
ReplyDeleteOnly secondarily. Another friend posted it in her review, but she didn't bother to post that she was going to spoil anything. ;)
Delete