***Fair warning, this review contains spoilers. Stop reading RIGHT NOW if you don't want to know what happens!***
Ok, now that I have that out of the way, on with the review. (Are you still reading? Seriously, stop if you don't want to have it spoiled.)
The book picks up after the Edith Prior video is shown. When I got to the part about the the city of Chicago being an
experiment, I found it fascinating. I mean, I didn't see that coming. I
wondered what was outside of the fence, but figured it would be
something like an East/West Berlin thing. For being so young, Veronica Roth spins quite a tale.
I had read a friend's review of this and my stupid brain didn't stop reading before getting to the spoiler part. So, I knew what was going to happen going into the book, and to be honest, I kind of had a bad attitude about it. Why would you kill off your main character it makes no sense. None at all.
Until I read it. Then I completely understood why she did it. There really wasn't another way. The book didn't come with a super happy-go-lucky ending all wrapped up with a pretty bow. That wouldn't have fit with the book. It came with the ending it needed. I really liked the way it all wrapped up with Tris's death and how Tobias handled it. Their relationship was brief, but I thought it was a much better relationship than many, MANY other YA books. I really appreciated the fact that there was no love triangle (still) in this book.
Overall, I probably liked this book the best of the trilogy. I was shocked by that because I'd kind of had it in my mind to hate it when I started reading, since I knew Tris was headed towards death. The ending was maybe slightly abrupt, but at the same time, with the epilogue, it really wasn't.
526 pages
No comments:
Post a Comment