Friday, July 5, 2013

Reached by Ally Condie

I was finally able to get my hands on an audio version of Reached, the final book in the Matched Trilogy.  I could have borrowed the paper copy, but I listened to the other two and really wanted to listen to this one.  Each main character has their own chapters (just Cassia in Matched, Cassia and Ky in Crossed, and Cassia, Ky, and Xander in Reached).  In the audio version, each character is voiced by a different reader.  I really enjoyed the effect it had.

Now, on to the book.  This book follows Cassia, Ky and Xander's journey through being part of The Rising, which takes over Society, and The Plague, which mutates and Society no longer has a cure.  I enjoyed the book.  There were a few twists/surprises that I did not see coming, and a few that I did.  There was one, near the end, that caught me way off guard.  It dealt with some of the characters in one of the subplots that went throughout the series though.  Speaking of, the ending didn't feel very rushed, which I appreciated.  Some books seem to try and wrap everything up in a chapter or two very quickly, but this one didn't.

Overall, I enjoyed the book, as I did the series.  I'd recommend it to anyone who is a fan of dystopian young adult literature.

512 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment