(A side note: I am still reading Wuthering Heights, I just happened to pick this one up and finish it first, so it is my 2nd book finished. Wuthering Heights should be my next book completed!)
While I have yet to experience all the joys of pregnancy and can’t fully “get” everything Jenny McCarthy is talking about, this book cracked me up! I laughed more reading this book than I have in a very long time. There were times I was laughing so hard that I couldn’t continue reading because of the tears streaming down my face. Of all the stories my favorites were either the one about the bread (very first story) or the one about going to the doctor because she couldn’t poop. I’m laughing about them right now just thinking about them. While it was more a “stream of conscious” than the story of her pregnancy, I’d certainly recommend it. Since it is no secret that my hubby and I have been trying (and trying and trying for a long time) to get pregnant, it’s kind of nice to see what all I have to look forward to – and not sugarcoated at all. It was a very easy read. I didn't mean to finish it before Wuthering Heights, I actually sat down to just read the first few pages and a little over an hour later was done with it. Oops! I would certainly recommend it to anyone who has been, is, or is thinking about being pregnant. You’ll learn more than you ever wanted and laugh more than you thought you could reading a book. A fantastic book!
165 pages
I loved this book too. Now that I know what book it was, I'm not surprised you got sucked in and had finished it before you knew it. It was hilarious! And, I didn't know that you and Edward have been trying. Sounds like it's turning into a longer journey than you expected. I'll be thinking of you and hoping pregnancy is in your near future. If you ever need to talk about it, feel free to send me message on Facebook.
ReplyDelete