Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Finished Book #1: Wicked Game

I just finished Wicked Game by (sisters) Lisa Jackson and Nancy Bush this afternoon. It is the first book in a series of books by Nancy Bush (she writes books 2 and 3, and is planning to write book 4 with her sister again.) It was fairly good, not one of the best books I’ve ever read, but certainly not the worst either. There were a couple of (semi-)related storylines going in the book that I think is meant to throw you off guard as to what is actually happening in the main plot line. But these secondary storylines resolve about 2/3 of the way through the book, which, in a way, leaves you wondering what the point of them being there was in the first place. I almost felt like perhaps one of the authors wrote the secondary storylines and the other filled in the story she wanted to tell around them. Having never read anything by either of the authors I couldn’t tell who had written which part. The book ended in a way that set it up for a sequel, but also stands on its own ok. I haven’t looked at the synopsis of any of the other books in the series yet to see if they happened to be a sequel to this one. Don’t get me wrong though, overall it was good, and I’d say if you are looking for a thriller-type book that is a fairly easy read then I’d recommend it.

442 pages

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tressa! I am so happy to be reading your blog! I love books! And blogging! I also wanted to let you know about LibraryThing's Suggest tool. Just go to librarything.com/suggest and type in a book you've read and liked. For instance, if I type in Wicked Game by Lisa Jackson, it tells me you might like Dark Summer by Iris Johansen. It's great when I have patrons who want book recommendations for stuff I've never even heard of!

    ReplyDelete