Sunday, September 9, 2018

Darker by E.L. James

This book is the second of the three books in the rewritten Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy by E.L. James.  The difference is that this is from Christian's perspective.

I have to say - Darker was not bad.  Not great, but not bad.  As with Grey, Christian's view was one I liked a lot better than Ana's.  She was ok, but she was rather whiny and pining.  Which I suppose is ok because it's true that women tend to be that way.  (Sorry gals!)

I really enjoyed the extra backstory that we get on Christian's character.  We know from the Fifty Shades books that he had a rough start in life and is both a tortured character and considers himself a monster, but he is not one.  In particular, I liked the interaction between him and his mother plus her thoughts her discovery of Elena in this book.

I don't think I would have enjoyed this book as much as I did had it not been so long since I read Fifty Shades Darker.  Not the best book I've ever read but not terrible or a waste of time.

546 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment