Drew is gay. His dad, Brad, is an evangelical theologian. This book is their memoir as to how they grew apart and then came to terms with each other. There was painful parts to listen to. There were incredible parts to listen to as well.
My brother-in-law happens to be gay. I was the first person he came out to because he said he knew it wouldn't change who he was to me. And it didn't. I love him...regardless of who he loves. I will forever be his staunchest supporter. That being said, there are some things with my faith that I struggle with reconciling. Just a little though, because the most important thing in my faith, to me, is LOVE, so that makes it easier.
There were some places in the book that pointed out how a person can say something seemingly harmless but that is in actuality harmful.
There were parts of the book that moved slower than I wanted or repeated itself, but overall I loved it. If you claim to be a Christian and want to understand homosexuality and how to better love, read this book. Better yet, listen to it.
224 pages/5hr 45min
No comments:
Post a Comment