Sunday, October 1, 2017

What If Your Blessings Come Through Raindrops by Laura Story

I got this book about a year ago when it was on a dollar Kindle special.  Her song "Blessings" helped me through a really hard time when our firstborn daughter died shortly after she was born.  My faith is the biggest thing that kept me afloat during that time.  It was greatly strengthened during this time instead of destroyed, which I am forever grateful for.  One of those things that helped was the song Blessings.

So, when there was an entire 30-day devotional centered around the song of course I had to read it.  She posted the special on her Facebook page or I would have had no idea of it existing.

It's really good.  You can easily read each day's devotion in 5 minutes or less.  There is a short paragraph to consider, some quotes to reflect on, some Bible verses to reflect on, and then a summary.  Each "chapter" (day) starts with a lyric from the song or something related to it.

I really enjoyed reading this over the past month.  It will be one that will come back into the rotation from time-to-time.

241 pages (30 days ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment