This book was not one I had intended to read, had on my radar, or anything of the sort. It was a sale book on Amazon for my Kindle and I had some Prime credits, so I got it. It sounded interesting.
Rimmel is a nerd. I liked her because I could identify with a lot of how she felt - keeps to herself, invisible, prefers to stay in the background, etc. She's assigned to tutor the college campus football star named Roman (Romeo) to keep her scholarship. She's not excited and he's not thrilled either. Their first tutoring session doesn't go well.
Eventually, there is a fraternity pledge dare for Romeo involving Rimmel. She's unaware. He's unaware of what getting to know her will do to him.
It was a very fast, easy read. It was a good, but predictable YA geek-turns-beauty story. Apparently there is a whole series which I'm not going to have to read to see where the story goes. (It was NOT a cliffhanger ending.)
472 pages
No comments:
Post a Comment