Thursday, July 21, 2016

When I'm Gone by Emily Bleeker

Luke has just buried his wife Natalie after a battle with cancer and has come home to raise their 3 children alone.  But then a letter from Natalie shows up.  Turns out she has some things to tell him.  Lots of things.  Lots of interesting things.  Things that make him question their relationship.  Things that he never thought possible.  Mysterious things.  They were high school sweethearts, lost touch, and reconnected in college.  But what happened during that time they were apart?

There are other characters involved - Natalie's best friend and her shady husband, a professor she had, an orphanage, an old boyfriend, a college student Natalie connected with.

The book reads like a scavenger hunt with clues here and there about what is going on.  There's one small mystery after another that ends with a plot twist (or two) that I DID see coming, but you may or may not.

Overall I really enjoy the book.  It was a good read and I enjoyed the ending as well.

366 pages/9hrs 58min

No comments:

Post a Comment