The Martian had kind of been on my radar for a while because I love science fiction, I love space, and I had heard from my brother-in-law that the book was awesome. So, I decided to read it.
Mark Watney gets left behind on Mars by his team when they had to abort their mission because of a giant storm on the planet. They were there for exploration, experimentation, etc. He has to use his training and know-how and a LOT of luck to survive. Meanwhile, his whole crew thinks he has been left behind and has died on Mars.
The story unfolds as we learn that the people of earth discover he is alive. Will he survive? Will he be rescued? The story reads from Mark's journal (in Sols - or Martian Days) and also goes back to what is happening on Earth.
Overall I really liked this book. I have seen the movie since and of course they chopped up the book and left out some parts that I consider pretty important, but it was a good movie. My husband hadn't read the book and liked it.
369 pages
No comments:
Post a Comment