Monday, September 7, 2015

Grey by E.L. James

Since I read all of the Fifty Shades novels, I wanted to read Grey as well. Seeing Christian's perspective on everything was an intriguing idea for me. (I enjoyed the first part of Midnight Sun, so I figured I'd like this, too.)

It was a decent story, but I felt like it could have been better. A lot of the scenes were just basically repeated from what was in Fifty Shades and not expanded on as much as I'd have preferred. The insight into Christian as a character was good though. He's much more insecure and tender (?) than I would have imagined given his demeanor in the book from Ana's perspective. His lack of confidence because of never having a real relationship before Ana was possibly the most interesting part. 

Was it groundbreaking? No. But I'm glad I read it. When Fifty Shades Darker comes out from his perspective, I'll read it, too, but won't be expecting anything earth shattering from it. 

559 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment